TLC : The Loneliness Connection – Watch the Show!
About TLC: The Loneliness Connection
With collaborating artists Vicki Lawrence, Marissa Treichel, Rohini Drury, Ruth Walker, Danielle Linegar and Justine Grantham.
The Cassettes have always been about creativity and connection. Through the TLC project funded by Create NSW, artists and teachers from The Cassettes are thrilled to be exploring loneliness, connection and the space in between with our local community, through a new collaboratively devised show directed by Vicki Lawrence.
Shortly before Covid struck in 2019, loneliness was identified as “the great health crisis of our time“.
It’s not just old folks, or those in isolation. One can be surrounded by people, and feel profoundly alone. In a 2018 Monash University report, young people age 18-25 years were found to suffer the most from loneliness.
The UK and Japan have a Minister for Loneliness. It contributes to depression, anxiety, cognitive decline, high blood pressure, insomnia, bad eating habits and substance misuse.
Loneliness touches us all – yet we rarely talk about it.
Join us in shining a twinkly light on the shared experience of loneliness, through:
TLC dance-theatre show
- On Sunday May 2nd @ Drill Hall Theatre, Mullumbimby, 2pm – 3.00pm
- Book now below: Early Bird ends April 18th, only $20
- One show only! Don’t miss being part of this important work.
Directed by Vicki Lawrence and collaboratively devised by Marissa Treichel, Rohini Drury, Ruth Walker, Danielle Linegar and Justine Grantham, the TLC show shares our explorations of loneliness and connection, and the humanness of the space in between.
You can expect:
- A 1 hour engaging show, no interval
- A layered, original, interesting and experimental dance-theatre experience
- Six strong, diverse, local female performance artists, sharing new, vulnerable work together
- Dance, eerie cheerleading, spoken word, facts and fiction, pop and experimental music, shadows and light – with just the subtlest sprinkle of 80s!
- To be included in the show, in a comfortable and fun way… Seated dance workshop, anyone?
- Seating is limited: book now to reserve your place and support this local, experimental performance art.
The content and activities for this production explore adult and complex themes and are not suitable for children. Teens and older children must be accompanied by an adult.
Supported by Create NSW, Mentor Liz Chance, Drill Hall Theatre, Cassettes Dance Company, and Colin and Gillian Crow.
A recent study found hunger and loneliness have the same neural pathways. The need to connect is as primal as the need to eat.
- TLC Dance Theatre Show
May 2, 2021
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm