The Cassettes currently run 5 adult dance classes, located in Burleigh Heads, Byron Bay and Mullumbimby. They are:
- The Cassettes’ Hot Stuff is a drop-in class, and runs every Tuesday, 9:30 – 10:45am, Cavanbah Centre, Byron Bay.
- The Cassettes’ Mix Tape Crew run in 8 week terms. We have 2 groups:
1. Wednesdays 9:10 – 10:25am, Cavanbah Centre, Byron Bay
2. Thursdays 5:45 – 7:00pm, Burleigh Masonic Hall, Burleigh Heads
- The Cassettes’ Flashmob Troupe run in 8 week terms. We have 2 groups:
1. Monday 6:00 – 8:00pm, Mullumbimby High School Studio, Mullumbimby
2. Wednesday 10:30 – 12:30pm, Cavanbah Centre, Byron Bay
Mix Tapes and Flashmob Troupe terms start one week after every NSW public school term.
How can I join?
- Beginner to intermediate dancers can book in right now, to either Mix Tapes or Hot Stuff. Once booked in, you then simply don your leg warmers, come to class, and let the fun begin.
- Intermediate dancers keen to join the Flashmob Troupe, first complete a block of Mix Tapes and a 5 class pass of Hot Stuff, then apply to join here.
- Advanced dancers keen to join the Flashmob Troupe, first complete a 5 class pass of Hot Stuff, then apply to join here.
When should I book in?
For Mix Tape and Flashmob Troupe classes, Early Bird tickets close 4 weeks before the start of each 8 week block. Bookings close for both Mix tapes and Flashmob Troupe 10 days before the start of each 8 week block.
What should I wear to class?
Comfortable dance wear is always the go at The Cassettes. For some, this means leotards, belts, shiny colourful tights and leg warmers, and for others, this means soft pants and a favourite t-shirt. Wear whatever makes you feel special, and allows you to stretch your legs. We wear bare feet, or soft jazz shoes if you prefer. We occasionally do floor work, and knee pads make this more comfortable.
Should I bring anything to class?
Your self-esteem, punctuality, focus and enthusiasm! Also a big bottle of water, to drink as needed. A sweat towel is great for dabbing the brow and lying on during cool downs. Cut fruit to munch on during class can be a great way to quickly reenergise.
As with all dance and yoga classes, please turn your mobile to silent without vibration, at the start of class. Let’s leave the good vibrations to Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. Darn, that was released in 1991….can we allow it just this once?
How much does it cost?
- Hot Stuff is $22 casually, $18 per class with a 5 class pass, or $16 per class with a 10 class pass.
- Mix Tapes is $160 early bird / $180 full fare
- Flashmob troupe is $205 early bird / $225 full fare