It’s Raining Cassettes
In its passivity and resignation, cynicism is a hardening, a calcification of the soul. Hope is a stretching of its ligaments, a limber reach for something greater.
– Maria Popova
We make a literal “limber reach for something greater” in every single class at The Cassettes’ Mix Tapes.
When I deliberately pull my face and body into a cynical expression, it’s easy to see what a comically bad option that perspective is. I love that dance lets us embody and experience hope, with our whole being.
Byron and Bangalow Footloose Show
T’was a great success bringing Byron and Bangalow Mix Tape Crews together for our shared performance night:
Watch the live Footloose video on our FB page: amazing! My goodness what a high energy and effervescent piece.
I’m gonna go out and let myself get; absolutely soaking wet!
I heart The Weather Girls.
Also, how good was the Burleigh Priscilla Mix Tape show? I take my hat, umbrella and trench-coat off to you all.
For another fun term, big thanks to:
– Deb Chalmers, Burleigh Mix Tape dance teacher
– Rohini Drury and Leesa Ricketts, our Bangalow and Burleigh Mix Tape assistants
– Mr Cassette (aka Jake) who lights up my world, inside and out
– Georgia Gow, our Byron Assistant starting this term: exciting!
– And The Cassettes’ Mix Tape Dancers: you absolutely rock.
I also had more than a little bit of fun in the Wind Beneath My Wings mini workshop. The song is equal part humility, and back door bragging:
cracks me up whilst making me shed a tear.